Follow this link to see a list of entry-level job opportunities!
A great website for students to learn about the industry and explore what it has to offer.
Follow this link to view the map of colleges.
Follow this link to view the personality profile that will indicate which position within the insurance industry might be perfect for you.
Follow this link to view the Insurance Career Center offered through InVEST.
Some job openings
If you are interested in a position for an Underwriter Trainee please follow this link: http://url.socialtwist.com/r?l=5utbn
Work for a company where you are a 100% employee owner, and for a company that is #5 on the Best Places to Work for in Insurance!
We have a unique Junior Underwriter position available in our St. Charles, Illinois office. We will train the right candidate in St. Charles Illinois and then station you in our St. Louis, Missouri office. During a six to 12 month stay in St. Charles you will work with our team to learn all aspects of Underwriting while obtaining your license!
IPMG Insurance Program Managers Group’s range of services and capabilities span virtually every aspect of the Insurance industry. Whether it is developing self-funded programs for specific industries (public entity, long-term care), providing exceptional cost containment strategies and controls via property/casualty and employee benefit TPA services or reducing the potential for loss through highly specialized risk management and wellness programs our clients and their agents expect and receive the exceptional. Visit us at www.ipmg.com.
Our passion for the human spirit that has earned us a spot again this year on the “Best Place to Work in IL and Best Places to Work in Insurance. These awards reflect our dedication to long-term value for our Employee Owners and our commitment to our clients.
The Junior Underwriter position is responsible for learning all aspects of the position with the end result of independently reviewing and underwriting new and renewal business, managing a book of business and working closely with brokers and carriers to service accounts. Future responsibilities will include new and renewal business marketing and underwriting, processing of endorsement requests, policies, audits, and daily correspondence.
No work experience is needed. Only the desire to grow into an Underwriter/Insurance Position. College graduate with BA in Insurance or Risk management or a business degree.
- Able to stay near St Charles, IL for 6 to 12 months and then relocated to the St. Louis, MO area to work.
- Resourceful, Organized, Self-Starter and willing to learn
- Comfortable working in a high-volume, fast paced, production
- Excellent follow up skills
- Customer Service oriented
- Not afraid to pick up the phone and make a call
- Good at problem solving
- Strong Data entry experience
- Extensive knowledge of all Microsoft Office Programs
6 to 12 month Training program to include learning the following alongside current brokerage team members:
What you will learn
- Rating with different carriers on their websites
- Understand scope of workers compensation-
- review and interpret mods
- Pulling loss runs and Mod sheets from carrier websites and sending to agents
- review and understand policies
- Review our carriers and agents - know and understand who we work with and how each can assist
- managing a renewal
- managing submission
- Inputting of data in AIM.
- Travel to and meet agents and carriers
- Travel with Risk Managers to visit clients
- Obtain your license while in training. IPMG will pay for this and allow you the time to study and prepare.
Schedule is Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Summer hours are Memorial Day to Labor Day 8:00 to 5:00 Monday through Thursday and Friday 8:30 to 3:00.
At IPMG, we are 100% Employee Owned (ESOP) which mean money is saved for your retirement. We offer a competitive salary with excellent benefits package including: medical, dental, life, ltd, std, 401(k), 20 days PTO, 13 holidays, your birthday off and 6 days that we close early before holidays.
IPMG is committed to our employee’s health and well-being and to back this up we offer onsite fitness center, free fresh fruit daily, bikes to cruise during your lunch hour, a holiday and summer event and many events throughout the year.
Interested candidates to be considered for this position email resume to email@example.com. Please put “Your Name and Junior Underwriter" in the subject line. EOE
Agency Producer - Warrensburg, MO
Directly contributes to and supports sales goals of the agency or specialist department as communicated from the agent to meet long-term and short-term goals for agency growth. This includes new business, cross-sell opportunities, customer service, retention, and profit goals.
Duties include but are not limited to
- Must be licensed
- Solicits and writes new business for his/her specialist department
- Coordinates with the agent and/or operations manager to provide assistance in determining proper coverage
- Provides underwriting and rating for new accounts
- Maintains knowledge of new products and initiatives. Pursues a program for development of personal and business skills
- Actively solicits expiration dates from new clients and prospects
- Develops agency relationship with existing clients
- Meets the production requirements and goals assigned by the agent
- Maintains monthly sales record and provides a copy for review to the agent and/or operations manager
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Business Results: Ability to meet individual performance, metrics and goals.
- Drive and Productivity: Able to bring about great results from ordinary circumstances; prepare for challenges or opportunities in advance; undertake additional responsibilities and respond to situations that arise without supervision.
- Innovation: Accept innovation and improvement recommendations.
- Communication: Acceptable verbal and written communication skills.
- Team Work: Accept feedback when offered and work well with others.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment.
Preferred skills and abilities
Four-year college degree required. Previous customer service experience highly preferred. Ideal candidate will have basic PC skills, basic math skills, strong analytical capability, conflict resolution skills, and strong verbal and written communication skills.
Note: This position may require having the flexibility to work nonstandard hours/shifts and having the ability to adhere to a structured schedule.
If interested please contact:
Office of Michael Blau
3435 NE Ralph Powell Rd
Lees Summit, MO 64064-2361
Arrowhead General Insurance Agency, Inc
Arrowhead General Insurance Agency, Inc. is an independent program manager providing an extensive range of insurance products nationwide. Our entrepreneurial spirit encourages opportunity and growth while our contributions to the community offer inspiration and motivation. Our Automotive Aftermarket Division specializes in providing insurance products and services to the automotive industry.
Arrowhead General Insurance Agency, Inc. offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package to full-time employees that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, and tuition reimbursement. We also offer paid time off and a 401(k) retirement plan with a company match.
Why Arrowhead General Insurance Agency, Inc?
Arrowhead General Insurance Agency, Inc. is an independent program manager providing an extensive range of insurance products nationwide for over 30 years. We pledge to honor our commitments to our producers and carriers by holding ourselves to the highest ethical standards. Our entrepreneurial spirit encourages opportunity and growth while our contributions to the community offer inspiration and motivation. For more information about Arrowhead General Insurance Agency, Inc., please visit our website at www.arrowheadgrp.com.
Underwriter – Overland Park, KS Account Manager – Overland Park, KS Junior Account Executive – see below for the locations for it… Kansas City, MO Cleveland, OH Springfield, IL San Antonio, TX Lubbock, TX South Georgia Territory Phoenix, AZ Tucson, AZ Seattle/Tacoma, WA area
- College degree preferred.
- Acceptable motor vehicle record, a valid driver’s license, and the ability to travel the assigned geographical territory.
- Able to learn and utilize company-approved software and business system applications.
- Able to interpret and analyze data, insurance policies, and financial statements.
- Understands and is able to work within a regulatory environment.
- Understands and can apply techniques to manage multiple priorities.
- Possesses and is able to demonstrate a high level of motivation.
- Understands the importance of, and demonstrates a commitment to, personal and professional growth.
- Understands Arrowhead’s market and competitors and their business operations.
- Demonstrates the drive and ability to meet and exceed company expectations with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates the ability to work individually and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated past sales success preferred.
- Knowledge of sales techniques, principles of sales, and sales terminology preferred.Ability to obtain and maintain insurance’s license.
- May require 25% or more of overnight travel.
- Able to perform other duties as assigned.
If interested please send your resume to:
Kristie E. Lyons, SPHR
Human Resources Representative
Arrowhead General Insurance Agency, Inc.
7045 College Blvd, 4th Floor, Overland Park, KS 66211
Current job openings posted on Glass 3rd floor
Current job listings located outside of Glass Room 353 as well as in the insurance display boards by the Finance Office on the 3rd floor of Glass Hall.