The mission of the AGC Construction Club is to provide the students of MSU’s Construction Management program with a valuable resource to the integral elements of the construction industry most notably: networking, exposure, and hands on experience. The Club is student run and organized to provide an experience that reflects the concerns and interests of the student body itself.
- Creating more interest in and understanding of the construction industry
- Developing competent, aggressive business leadership
- Strengthening the confidence of students in themselves and their work
- Encouraging members in the development of individual projects, which contribute to the improvement of home, business, and community
- Encouraging and practicing efficient money management
- Encouraging scholarship and promoting school loyalty
- Facilitating the transition from school to work
The Construction Club has a proven track record of success in service, outreach, and education. The club has led community service projects for organizations such as the Downtown Exchange Club, Habitat for Humanity, Potter's House, Tool Belts & Bowties, the Discovery Center, Harmony House Food Pantry Build, and Lost and Found exit stair reconstruction. The club also sponsors tailgates at all home football games where free meals are delivered to students, alumnae, and the community.
The club also competes in regional and international construction management competitions. Through both the Associated Schools of Construction (ASC), the National Association of Homebuilders (NAHB), the Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC), and the American Concrete Institute (ACI), members can travel to various parts of the country to compete in construction management contests. Last Year Missouri State had a strong showing in all four competitions.
Lastly, the club awards a scholarship each year to one of its members who have demonstrated commitment and achievement to the club, their academics, and the community. Information about the scholarship and its application process can be found on this website. For more information about the Construction Club, please visit the Contact Information page.