SAC is committed to continuing to provide students with high-quality entertainment activities throughout the Spring 2020 semester. Below, you will find a list of the virtual activities we have planned. We will be updating this list with more details as they become available.
- Monday-Friday daily: Trivia on the SAC Twitter (@MOStateSAC)
- March 30-April 3
- April 6-10
- April 13-17
- April 20-24
- April 27-May 1
- May 4-May 7
*These events required preregistration on the SAC CampusLink page.
Looking for something else to do while social distancing? SAC has compiled a mega-list of some cool activities we found around the web.
- #BringtheStlZooToYou- Follow along on the Saint Louis Zoo Blog to learn daily fun facts about animals and the zoo
- Go on a home safari with the Cincinnati Zoo- Tune in every day at 2PM CST to learn about a new animal. Each day includes a video about the animal and an activity you can do from home.
- Check out a zoo live-stream
- Atlanta Zoo- pandas
- Explore.org- too many to list! Includes animals in their natural habitat and puppies
- Houston Zoo- giraffes, elephants, leafcutter ants, rhinos, chimps
- Kansas City Zoo- penguins, polar bears, Masai giraffes
- Monterey Bay Aquarium- aviary, coral reef, jelly fish, kelp forest, Monterey Bay, moon jelly, open sea, penguins, sea otters, sharks
- Saint Louis Zoo- penguins, puffins
- San Diego Zoo- baboons, penguins, polar bears, apes, koalas, giraffes, burrowing owls, elephants, condors
- Shedd Aquarium- fish
- Smithsonian's National Zoo & Conservation Biology Institute- naked mole-rats, lions, pandas, elephants
- Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems- Join Kennedy Center Education Artist-in-Residence at Home for a live daily lesson weekdays at noon CST. All you need is paper and pencils, pens, or crayons. If you can't tune in live, the videos will remain online.
- Daily art project tutorials with the McHarper Manor- Tune in at noon CST to follow along with art tutorials ranging from watercolor paintings to chalk art to canvas painting. Videos will remain available on the McHarper Manor Facebook page
- Check out the Google Art Project to discover and view important pieces of art online.
- Print a coloring page- pages are inspired by artwork around the world
- Tour a museum
Fitness & Wellness
- Workout classes with 10 Fitness- Daily at 2PM CST
- Workout classes with Planet Fitness- Daily at 6PM CST
- Workout classes with the YCMA- Prerecorded videos include a variety of activities from barre to yoga. Includes options for older adults and youth
- Yoga classes with Sumits Hot Yoga- Daily, times vary
- Yoga and fitness classes with Live Pure Yoga- Videos will be added regularly
- Yoga classes with Virtual Yoga- Daily Adult focused classes at 8AM CST and kid-friendly classes at noon CST
- Guided meditation- with UCLA, tune in anytime to play several meditation options
- Guided meditation- at Calm.com
- Guided meditation to ease coronavirus anxiety
- Check out the Great Wall of China
- Tour a museum
Music & Entertainment
- Rock out to a live concert- NPR has compiled a list of free concert live-streams through early April
- Listen to a live recording from the Seattle Symphony
- Create a collaborative playlist with your friends on Spotify
- Watch an opera with the Metropolitan Opera
- Watch a Broadway play or musical
- Host a Netflix Party with your friends
- Check out the Social Distancing Festival
- Join Josh Gad for daily story time- times are announced via Josh Gad's Twitter account
- Play a virtual game on this list over over 30 options which includes single or multi-player games
- Escape from a Harry Potter-themed digital escape room
- Do a science experiment with Bill Nye
- Check out the surface of Mars
- Take a trip to a national park
- Tour a museum/research center:
If you know of anything that is missing from this list or have any suggestions, please email VictoriaCRice@missouristate.edu.