Mission, Vision, and Core Values
The mission of the LGBTQ Association is to collaborate with the Missouri State University community to foster positive relationships toward LGBTQA+ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans*, Queer, Ally, +) faculty, staff, and graduate assistants through social involvement, community support, and advocacy.
The vision of the LGBTQ Association is to create a community where the Missouri State University LGBTQA+ faculty, staff, students, and graduate assistants can develop cross-campus relationships, have access to flourishing LGBTQA+ community resources that advance safety and equality, and challenge intolerance.
The LGBTQ Association addresses the special needs of the LGBTQA+ community. Our values serve as a compass for our actions as an organization
- Support the Missouri State University Public Affairs Mission by promoting the inclusion of LGBTQA+ matters.
- Raise awareness regarding lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans*, and queer issues.
- Affirm lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans*, and queer identities by fostering a welcoming, inclusive, multicultural environment for the campus community.
- Connect with other LGBTQA+ organizations and allied groups through community development efforts.
- Build a thriving LGBTQA+ network that supports faculty, staff, and professional/personal growth.
- Connect with students by collaborating with LGBTQA+ campus organizations.