Mission, Vision, and Core Values
The mission of the LGBTQ Association is to collaborate with the Missouri State University community to foster positive relationships toward LGBTQA (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans*, Queer, Ally) faculty, staff, and graduate assistants through social involvement, community support, and advocacy.
The vision of the LGBTQ Association is to create a community where the Missouri State University LGBTQA faculty, staff, students, and graduate assistants can develop cross-campus relationships, have access to flourishing LGBTQA community resources that advance safety and equality, and challenge intolerance.
The LGBTQ Association addresses the special needs of the LGBTQ community. Our values serve as a compass for our actions as an organization
- Support the Missouri State University Public Affairs Mission by promoting the inclusion of LGBTQA matters.
- Raise awareness regarding lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans*, and queer issues.
- Affirm lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans*, and queer identities by fostering a welcoming, inclusive, multicultural environment for the campus community.
- Connect with other LGBTQ organizations and allied groups through community development efforts.
- Build a thriving LGBTQA network that supports faculty, staff, and professional/personal growth.
- Connect with students by collaborating with LGBTQ campus organizations.