Importance of an Advisor
Advisors of student organizations are worth more than their weight in gold. An advisor can provide continuity, support student organizations, guide students through tough times, and enhance the good times. This supplement provides current Missouri State University advisors with the support and information needed to find success and satisfaction in the position. It also gives potential advisors a taste of what advising entails.
Benefits of Serving as an Advisor
- A unique opportunity for getting to know and work with students outside the classroom or office.
- The reward of watching the group develop and grow to its fullest potential.
- The reward of watching students mature and develop their individual skill and talents.
- Satisfaction and sense of accomplishment through making a special contribution to a particular group of students.
- The informal opportunity to share your knowledge and expertise on relevant topics.
- The chance to demonstrate service to students, an organization, and the university.
- Best Practices for Officer Transitions
- Risk Management Presentation
- Resources On-Campus (Handout)
- Officer Transition Packet (Handout)
- Organization Transition Checklist (Handout)
- Frequently Asked Questions
Interested in Becoming an Advisor?
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org