Risk Management, Insurance, and Actuarial Science Internships
Liberty Mutual Insurance
Commercial Insurance Underwriting Internship
St. Louis, MO-38743
Our underwriters focus on answering two fundamental questions: should we write a policy for a particular customer and what is the fair price for the risk that we would incur by writing the policy? On the surface, these questions may seem straightforward, but our underwriters must be smart, responsive problem solvers who can dig a little deeper for the answers. You will need to rely on your strong analytical, communication, and negotiation skills to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Learning the basics of Underwriting and how to use various systems and applications.
- Assisting the Underwriter/Underwriting Assistant with policy issuance, prospects, new business and endorsements.
- Reviewing, evaluating and categorizing incoming documents; verifying information for accuracy/appropriateness and follow up with others for missing or questionable data
- Entering and retrieving information of varying complexity using computer systems and applications to update records, obtain information for others and respond independently to most questions and problems
- Preparing insurance forms/documents, correspondence and process other insurance transactions to provide customer service and support efforts to acquire and retain profitable business
- Excellent analytical skills
- Effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships
- Effective analytical skills to gather information, analyze facts, and draw conclusions
- Be working towards a bachelor's degree and possess a minimum 3.0 GPA (depending on school)
Lockton Summer 2012 Associate Internship
- Kansas City, Missouri
- Junior/Senior Status
- 20 Openings
- 40 Hours a week
- Lockton Kansas City will offer the Summer Associate Program during summer 2012. Paid internships are available primarily in the Commercial Insurance Division. Each intern is paired with a Performance Coach that helps to guide them through the course of the internship. The program is very "hands-on" with the intern being included in such activities as marketing, policy review, client renewal presentations and on-site client meetings. The purpose of the program is to give the intern the full experience of being an Account Manager in a Commercial Lines Brokerage. The internship will include a group project that culminates in a formal presentation to senior management.
- Successful candidates for our program have shown balanced success in both academics
and extracurricular activities. GPA requirement is 3.0 and involvement in a combination
of sports, student government, college clubs, community service, and work is desired.
Lockton also looks for leadership positions in these activities as an added plus.
Strong to excellent communication skills are required as well. Lockton ideally looks
for students entering their senior year but students beginning their junior year may
be considered as well.
Summer Associates will have students participating from local schools as well as Universities that offer degrees in Insurance and Risk Management. Interns get the opportunity to meet a variety of students from varying schools and programs.
Also visit http://www.napslo.org/ and visit the internships page! Lots of internships with paid travel, housing, and competitive pay available.
If you need to get registered for on campus interviews, please stop by either Career Center office at Carrington 309 or Glass 103 and we'll get you started for a low one-time fee!
Don’t miss interviews with some of your favorite employers!!!
Contact the Career Center if you have questions or trouble logging on to Job Tracks.
It is never too early to establish contacts, look for internships, and explore job opportunities. NAPSLO (the surplus lines trade organization) has offered to post our RMI students’ resumes on their website. Please send your resume (after making certain that it is in proper form with no grammatical or typing errors) to Mr. Derek Pace at the email below and he will post it for the industry to see. email@example.com