Welcome to the Graduate Student Senate
Welcome Graduate Students! We are here to provide a welcoming environment for graduate students at Missouri State University. We also hope to make some changes and improvements to graduate student life. To make these changes we need your support! One of the ways to help is to become a member and join us at our monthly meetings. New ideas are always welcome, and if you have any questions or concerns about graduate life, Graduate Student Senate is a great way to get answers. Overall, here are the benefits you can expect from GSS:
- Express concerns about graduate student life at Missouri State University
- Leadership experience
- Volunteer opportunities
- Network with fellow graduate students
- Great for a resume!
To become a member, please email us at GradStudentSenate@MissouriState.edu.
Graduate Student Senate's next meeting:
Sunday, February 6, 2022
2:00 PM - Zoom
Topic: Graduate Student Senate Meeting 2-6-2022
Time: Feb 6, 2022 02:00 PM Central Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Want to join but you're an online student? No Worries!
Graduate Student Senate will be streaming their meetings via Facebook Live so online graduate students may comment and vote in real time. Follow the instructions below to participate:
- Log in to your Facebook account and search for ‘Missouri State University Graduate College’ (If you do not have a Facebook account, you may still watch by following this link: https://www.facebook.com/MSUGradCollege/)
- Like our Facebook page so you may easily find future live video meetings and keep up to date on Graduate Student Senate information.
- On the left side of the page, click the ‘Video’ tab. If we are already streaming you will see a red ‘Live’ icon next to video. If there is no red icon, still select ‘Video’ and you will see the stream as soon as we go live.
- If you missed the live stream, you may watch at a later time under the ‘Video’ tab.
- To represent and advocate the interests of the graduate students of Missouri State University to the Dean of the Graduate College, the Graduate Council, the faculty, any others within the University whose actions or positions may affect the interests of graduate students, and any others outside of the University making decisions or taking positions that affect graduate students in their role as graduate students.
- To provide a channel of communication between graduate students and other members of the Missouri State University community.
- To encourage and facilitate interdisciplinary academic activities, graduate student organizations within each program, and inter-program social activities for graduate students.
Please feel free to email us if you have any questions about our organization and how you can be involved.
Contact us: GradStudentSenate@Missouristate.edu