There are a few key points to help you advise a Registered Student Organization at Missouri State University. By following these steps, you will have a solid understanding of the task before you.
- Make sure you are listed on the organization’s CampusLINK roster. The organization’s president updates this roster each year and changes can be made to the roster at any time during the year. The Office of Student Engagement will use the CampusLINK rosters to communicate with various officers, so it is crucial for the organization’s roster to be accurate.
- Familiarize yourself with the Student Organization Handbook. This handbook provides a user-friendly guide to effective event planning and provides student organization leaders, advisors, members, and administrators with knowledge of university policies and procedures.
- Become familiar with the Office of Student Engagement. Check out the website at http://www.missouristate.edu/studentengagement/default.asp or visit the office in Plaster Student Union 101 to meet the staff.
- Meet with the organization’s officers you will advise and share expectations. Establish the best form of communication for your organization, whether by phone, email, or in person. A Student Leaders/Advisor Worksheet is available in the Appendices of this document.
- Watch your email inbox for The Club newsletter emailed once a month to all organization officers and advisors. The newsletter presents important announcements and opportunities for everyone involved in an organization.