Mission of the Graduate Student Senate
1. Help build presence and visibility of GSS throughout campus
2. Network with other colleagues beyond individual programs and increase interdisciplinary activity throughout the campus.
3. Serve as an advocate for the graduate student population by increasing our voice- especially as it relates to policies effecting students (i.e. student fees, GA/TA/RA stipends, etc).
APPOINTMENTS (OPPORTUNITIES TO SERVE, NETWORK, AND ADD EXPERIENCE TO YOUR CURRICULUM VITAE)
- Student Organization Funding Allocation Council (SOFAC) Representative
SOFAC is the governing body in charge of allocating part of the Student Involvement Fee to student organizations. The Graduate Student Council Representative to this organization will attend meetings, report experiences to the Graduate Student Council, and advocate for graduate students where appropriate. SOFAC meets every other Monday from 2:00pm-4:00pm in PSU 317. http://studentorganizations.missouristate.edu/sofac/
- Student Government Association Faculty Senators (2)
The Student Government Association is the official voice of the student body at Missouri State University. The Graduate Student Council Representatives to this organization will attend meetings, report experiences to the Graduate Student Council, and advocate for graduate students where appropriate. SGA meets every Tuesday at 5:30pm in PSU 313. http://sga.missouristate.edu/
- Faculty Senate Representative
The Faculty Senate is the representative body for the faculty at Missouri State University. The Graduate Student Council Representative to this organization will attend meetings, report experiences to the Graduate Student Council, and advocate for graduate students where appropriate. Faculty Senate meets the second Thursday of every month at 3:30pm. http://www.missouristate.edu/facultysenate/
COMMITTEES (OPPORTUNITIES TO INTERACT WITH GRADUATE STUDENTS AND PROMOTE GRADUATE STUDENT COUNCIL)
- Interdisciplinary Forum Committee
The Interdisciplinary Forum will be held Saturday, May 3, 2014 in Plaster Student Union. Members of this committee will organize speakers, posters, and rooms for student and faculty. Most work for this committee will begin in the spring. http://graduate.missouristate.edu/currentstudents/IDF.htm
- Professional Development Committee
GSC is devoted to helping graduate students achieve necessary professional development. This committee will organize all professional development opportunities, such as workshops, for graduate students. This committee will meet as necessary throughout the academic year.
- Constitution Committee
The Constitution Committee is responsible for revising the GSC constitution as necessary. The committee will initially meet in the fall semester, and throughout the academic year as necessary.
- Graduate Open House/Recruitment Committee
This committee is responsible for organizing and hosting a graduate open house on the campus of Missouri State University. The committee will begin work in the fall semester.
- Graduate Assistantship Awards Committee
In conjunction with the Interdisciplinary Forum Committee, this committee will organize the award process for graduate students. Most work will begin in the spring semester for this committee. http://graduate.missouristate.edu/currentstudents/GraduateAssistantAwards.htm